About

Welcome to my space on the web.  I’m so excited to have you here!

My name’s Dania (Dee) I’m a nutrition and health coach living in sunny Perth, Western Australia.  I created this blog to share my love for whole foods and plant-based eating and to inspire you to get into the kitchen to discover how simple, delicious and satisfying healthy eating (and living) can be.

My philosophy
I believe food should be celebrated and eating should be delicious, easy, imperfect and personal.
I’ve never been one for fad diets, deprivation or restriction. Its unsustainable and often leaves you feeling worse than when you started. Instead, I choose to focus on eating in a way that nourishes my body and creates a positive relationship with food. I believe you are what you do most of the time. So 90% of the time I eat well. The other 10% of the time I relax and indulge responsibly. Food should never be a source of guilt or stress.

Why I eat what I eat
I follow a plant-based whole foods diet which means each day I fill myself up on whole grains, greens, beans, nuts, seeds, fruits and veggies. I started to eat this way about 3 years ago, honestly just because it was cheaper. Adding animal products to every meal was expensive and I needed to find a more sustainable way to nourish my body. After a few months of eating this way, I started to notice some of the low-grade symptoms I had been struggling with started to improve. I had more energy, amazing digestion, my moods were stable and my mind clear. Best of all my food cravings disappeared. Instead of craving salty, fatty, sugary foods I now craved healthy whole foods. Eating this way got me to a place where I no longer stress about what I eat. I can listen to my body and give it what it truly needs, whether that’s a kale salad or a chocolate brownie. Just because I eat this way doesn’t mean you have to. There is no one size fits all diet. It’s up to you to figure out what works best for your body. That might mean having oats for breakfast, a kale salad for lunch and pasta and wine for dinner or eating this way every meal. Hopefully, the ideas and recipes I share here can be adapted to suit your lifestyle, likes and nutritional needs.

About the recipes
My recipes are all about celebrating what you can do with natural whole foods. They are 100% plant-based, refined sugar-free and mostly wheat/gluten-free. This isn’t because I think everyone should become a gluten-free vegan overnight. It’s simply because I believe everyone can benefit from eating more plants. My intention is that you use my recipes as more of a guide or as inspiration to design your own healthy meals. If you think a meal will taste better with almonds instead of hazelnuts or if you have some leftover pumpkin you need to use, get creative and make the recipes your own. I believe that’s when the true joy of cooking and connection to our food begins.

The most important idea I hope you take away from my blog is that food is information, our bodies are created from the foods we eat and with each bite, we inform how we think, feel and look.

peace love and veggies,

Dee  x